For Tessa Grove at York Traditions Bank, events are a key way for employees to get to know each other, and a lack of exclusivity meant the company couldn’t always meet that objective.
Others mentioned that events should offer entertainment independent of the baseball game, and the outdoor spaces needed a fresh look.
“Those insights were key,” Casey says. “We designed an improved experience that completely focused on meeting these customer needs.”
New parts of the ballpark
York Revolution staff came up with different scenarios and created prototypes that responded to the feedback they got in interviews. They later brought the clients back to see the ideas and give feedback, which helped the Revs create something specific to their customers’ needs.
Here are some of the biggest changes to the ballpark:
• Closer’s Bar, which sits at the entrance to Bullpen Balcony, offers beer, wine, cocktails, and frozen adult beverages to any guest in the ballpark. A recent change in the state liquor laws allowed the team to offer full bar service, starting this season. The location of the Closer’s Bar makes it especially convenient for groups using the event spaces.
• Bullpen Balcony holds groups of 50 to 125 people, where parties enjoy private food service and separate access to Closer’s Bar. Guests get exclusive entry to a new tiered seating section with a drink rail that overlooks the field.
• Home Run Patio holds groups of 20 to 200 people. Guests in this section get dedicated food service and experience the best views of the ballpark with a covered dining area.
• New games: The organization added shuffleboard, air hockey, oversized Connect Four and brick-sized Jenga to its offerings of games in the Bullpen Balcony and Home Run Patio areas.
• Flexibility: The team installed movable walls that allow for designated event space that give events a more intimate feel. The walls can also be rearranged to allow for larger groups. In fact, the rolling partitions could even be moved to combine the two areas, giving groups dramatically larger seating capacity.